We dispose of chemical waste responsibly, so that we can all enjoy a more colourful world.
Obsolete goods are a major contributor to chemical waste at Jotun. We therefore continuously work on how to rework and dispose in a more environmentally-friendly way than just scrapping them.
Jotun recognises sustainability as a long-term competitive advantage.
- Reducing and disposing of chemical waste is a major focus area
- Objective: Reduce amount of waste from 2.0 to 1.5% of the production volume before 2018
Supplier contracts and audits
- Harmonisation of contracts for GreenSteps wording
- Inclusion of GreenSteps in the supplier audit schematics
- Introduction of a "Rapid plant assessment" where GreenSteps focus areas are introduced