Do you or your personnel want to learn more about paint, surface preparation, corrosion protection, coating survey, application or other topics that have an impact on the life cycles for your properties? Explore the different types of training you can attend; Jotun Paint or Powder Schools, tailor-made seminars and third party certifications FROSIO.
Jotun training centres are established to increase the knowledge about paints and coatings, for existing as well as new customers and Jotun employees.
The facilities and content may differ; all courses may not be available in all centres at all times.
All individuals with an interest in learning more about paints and coatings are welcome to sign up for Jotun’s courses and seminars, for example:
- Project engineers, consultants, architects, construction managers, surveyors, superintendents
- Sales personnel, purchasers, specifies, consultants
- Manufacturing personnel, QA and QC personnel, contractors
- Students and any personnel related to surface treatment and paint application
- Most courses require a minimum and a maximum number of participants
- Jotun Paint or Powders Schools and tailor-made seminars will be charged per event according to agreement
- Third party certification courses have a certification fee
- The participants must cover own travel expenses, accommodation and meals outside course hours
Jotun is one of only a few authorized training bodies conducting training courses leading to certification by FROSIO. A FROSIO certificate is a quality approval for coating advisors and technical personnel in accordance with FROSIO scheme and ISO 17024.
Total duration is two weeks, culminating in a theoretical and practical examination by a representative from FROSIO. The course and the examination is demanding, but the reward is a certificate that is internationally recognized both in the marine and the protective coatings communities. It is recommended - but not a demand - that participants have prior knowledge of coatings and practical experience as inspectors.
FROSIO "Courses & Exams"
To attend or get more details, contact your local Jotun office.