Health, safety and environment
On this page, you find advice aimed at helping you apply our products in a way that minimizes risk for health, safety and the enviroment. The product back labels provide you with symbols and warnings where you need to be extra cautious.
Before you begin
- Read the product back label carefully.
- Safety data sheets are available
- Wear protective and correct protection.
- Remove any rings, watches and bracelets before starting work.
- Always cover work area with protective sheets to prevent chemical runoff into the sea.
- Follow marina work regulations.
- Consider the weather, avoiding rain and strong winds.
During and after work
- Avoid inhalation.
- Wet sanding is recommended. Make sure your work area is properly ventilated.
- Consider using respiratory protection. This is required when spray painting.
- Avoid using hot air guns to strip old paint.
Protect your eyes and skin
- Always wear protective goggles (or visor), overalls and chemical resistant gloves.
- Consider using a long handled brush or roller.
- Avoid stripping, sanding or painting directly above your face.
- Use soapy water (not paint thinner) to remove paint from skin.
- Immediately change any garments spattered with paint or thinner.
Protect the environment
- For sanding, Jotun Yachting recommend using power tools connected to a vacuum cleaner, thus collecting up to 99% of the dust created.
- Choose the recommended brushes and rollers.
- Whether sanding wet or dry, always keep a clean cloth handy.
- Immediately wipe off any spillage.
- Dispose old paint cans, excess paint and equipment at an approved waste management facility.