Jotun ist einer der weltweit führenden Hersteller von Decorative-Paints, Marine-, Protective- und Powder-Coatings. Die Gruppe verfügt über 69 Unternehmen und 36 Produktionsstätten auf allen Kontinenten. Jotun Produkte sind in über 90 Ländern verfügbar und werden von eigenen Tochtergesellschaften, Gemeinschaftsunternehmen, Agenturen, Zweigniederlassungen und Distributoren vertrieben. Der Gesamtumsatz von Jotun 2014 betrug NOK 17 542 Millionen und eine Mitarbeiterzahl von über 9,500 Angestellten. Die Jotun Gruppe ist in vier Segmente und sieben geographische Regionen aufgeteilt, sie hat ihren Hauptsitz in Sandefjord, Norwegen.
Associate Sales Manager - Marine Coatings (East Malaysia)
- Liger ( Singapore & Malaysia)
We are looking for a Sales Manager-East Region for a newly consolidated business administration unit, LIGER (Malaysia and Singapore) which took effect from 01 July 2016. Jotun has started business in Singapore and Malaysia since 1971 and 1982 respectively. The business in these 2 different countries has been operated with separated companies and management from the beginning. Over the years, Singapore has developed to be an important market for Jotun in Marine & Protective segments and achieved NOK 640 million external sales in 2015. At the same time, Jotun Malaysia has also grown in all the 4 segments and achieved NOK 910 million external sales in 2015. With LIGER project, the business administration in these 2 countries has been consolidated as one unit and manages by the same management team. The legal setup is to be maintained as is with 2 separated entities for statutory purposes. Performance of the business will be measured as one unit with the consolidated results. The primary objective of LIGER is to strengthen management and competency of the combined organization. In addition, we want to synergize the combined business to improve operational efficiency and achieve long term cost saving to sustain profitability to the future. The position will report directly to the General Sales Manager-Marine Coatings
- Increase new business by promoting and creating market awareness of our products in order to get enquiry for quotation, close sales and meet budget.
- Maintain existing accounts by providing professional customer service so as to network and build good customer relationship.
- Monitor Newbuilding activity by doing market research and competitor’s products so as to influence the customer’s decision to use Jotun coatings.
- To contribute towards department’s performance by maintaining sales profit margin, meet sales target and keeping DSO low in order to meet company’s operational objectives
- Promote Single Source Solution Concept by enriching customer’s knowledge of paints and increase Jotun’s market share in Singapore and the region.
- Promote and create market awareness of Jotun products, eg FRC Reactivate non-active accounts
- Maintain existing customers
- Provide professional customer service
- Identify new and potential customers
- To promote SSS solution.
- Coordinate with all departments to ensure smooth operation.
- Monitor DSO
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Initiative & Responsibility: acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Business Development: identifies and seizes commercial opportunities; has a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- Influence: makes an impact; convinces and persuades others; promotes plans and ideas successfully
- Networking: builds a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- People Management: provides team with a clear sense of direction, inspires and coordinates others and keeps them focused on objectives
- Systematic Approach: uses a methodical and systematic approach; plans ahead, defines clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- Effective Communication: communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- Constructive Teamwork: co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- Self-Development: is aware of own strengths and limitations and pursues learning and career development opportunities
- Bachelor Degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management or equivalent with at least 4-6 years of relevant sales experience.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication, marketing and negotiation skill.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application.
- Successful candidates will be based in Miri, Sarawak.
- Extensive opportunities for professional and personal development, both through on-the-job training and Jotun Academy.
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
- A continuous focus on reinventing and innovating high quality products.
- An international Corporate Culture founded on our four values; Care, Respect, Loyalty and Boldness.
- Exciting challenges in a growing company with excellent financial results.
- Insurance and Pension schemes
- Relocation and Global mobility support
- Full time