MSC Oscar ( South Korea - 2015 )
MSC Oscar used Jotun’s HPS newbuilding solution with SeaQuantum X200 to maximise its energy efficiency.
- Owner: China’s Bank of Communications
- On long-term charter to: Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC)
- Yard: Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering shipyard
- Vessel type: Container vessel
- DWT: 19,224 TEU
- Dimensions: Length 395.4m, Breadth 59m
- Coatings: SeaQuantum X200, Jotacote Universal N10, Jotatop EP10WF
SeaQuantum X200 has shown to be an effective antifouling technology to lower fuel costs and associated carbon emissions, consistent with MSC’s commitment to a healthier supply chain. We valued the quality of Jotun’s technical service during all phases of the project and have since chosen SeaQuantum X200 HPS for a number of other vessels.
Senior Marine Engineers
MSC’s Technical Office
MSC has remained a true giant in the container segment by quietly making smart investments at the right time to improve their business and improve environmental performance. We are confident that they have made the right choice with HPS.
Regional Marine Sales Director
Jotun Italia S.p.A.