The oil and gas industry is seeking solutions to develop pipeline systems for transporting material at higher temperatures arising from:
- Drilling operations extending to greater depths
- Prevention from hydrate formation
- Averting wax deposition
- Reduction of viscosity
- Decreasing need for compressors by using higher pressure
- Elimination of after coolers on compressors
Transporting material at higher temperatures will:
- Decrease the need for compressors by using higher pressure
- Eliminate after coolers on compressors
Conventional Fusion Bond Epoxy (FBE) has an extensive track record as an anti-corrosion coating, used effectively to withstanding temperatures up to 95°C.
The H.O.T. 150 collection extends FBE technology to offer coatings for use up to 150°C.
HOW does it work?
One of the most fundamental properties of the FBE coating is its Tg (glass transition temperature). Above its Tg, the coating becomes soft and the mechanical properties are reduced resulting in loss of adhesion and an increase in coating damage and holidays.
H.O.T. 150 is based on advanced technology, featuring Tg’s up to 150°C.
In addition to its high Tg, H.O.T. 150 meets all the requirements found in key pipe coatings specifications including flexibility - a former barrier to the development of higher Tg FBE coatings.
H.O.T. 150 Product line